Thursday 23 January 2014

HIstory :

As a young child I was always interested in being in the kitchen and the older I became the more fascinated I found myself. I enjoyed helping my mother in the kitchen at a very young age, at age 9 I started to learn more of the fundamentals of cooking, and at age 12 I started cooking by myself I would make lunch, and supper. At first it was simple things, but the older I got the more complexed things became. Now as an adult my mother and I take turns cooking, she cooks for one week, and I cook the next week, I enjoy this immensely. During this project I decided how ever my cooking skills needed an update, more specifically my baking skills. So I ventured out on a small lim and learned a lot. Not only did I learn skills in the kitchen but I learned a lot about myself as a person, I grew and developed more confidence. Now I am capable of making desserts with supper, or making meat pies, the possibilities are a lot more endless. I learned how to work with different types of dough, make cakes, make pies and so much more. As I said earlier self growth was also an important thing I did a lot of self growth during this project. I am now more self- assured in the kitchen as well as in life in general. I find I am not as daunted by certain tasks as I was before, because I have proven myself capable of more then is expected from me. Now I leave you with this last picture of the finished gingerbread house. Good Bye.



1 comment:

  1. Meat pies are fantastic. I love getting my hair cut while enjoying a nice juicy pie.

    ReplyDelete